The Web Information System for Education (WISE) is the online portal that allows PHCC students to register for classes, pay fees, view grades and unofficial transcripts, order official transcripts and update contact information.
Apply, register, pay fees and drop classes online
New students may use the “Enter WISE” link above to apply online now. New students should also visit the admissions page for more information about admissions and advising.
Online registration is completed through WISE. New or first-term transfer students must attend a new student orientation session and meet with an academic advisor prior to registration through WISE.
- WISE is available 24/7
Online registration and fee payment are typically available:
- Monday - Thursday: Midnight - 9 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 24 hours
- These hours are subject to change due to scheduled or unscheduled maintenance.
- If you applied online for admission, please use the PIN you created when you completed your application. If this is your first time using WISE (and you did not apply online), use your default PIN.
- Your default PIN is your day of birth and the last two digits of the year of birth. For example, if you were born on August 6, 1981 your PIN is 0681.
- For PIN problems contact the Information Center at 727-847-2727, 352-796-6726, 352-567-6701, 352-688-8798, or 813-527-6615 during normal PHCC business hours.
- For help with WISE, see WISE step by step, below.
- To view WISE frequently asked questions, visit the FAQ page.
- If you have any unanswered questions or problems with WISE, please use our Ask PHCC form for WISE support and select WISE.
- The WISE system requires the use of Internet Explorer Version 5.0 or higher.
- Pop-up-blocker programs must be disabled in order to login to WISE.
- AOL and Compuserve users: after signing on, minimize the AOL or Compuserve program and start Internet Explorer, then use Internet Explorer to access the WISE system.
- If you applied online for admission, please use the PIN you created when you completed your application. If this is your first time using WISE (and you did not apply online), use your default PIN. Your default PIN code is your day of birth and the last two digits of the year of birth. For example, if you were born on August 6, 1981, your PIN is 0681. After you sign-in for the first time, the pin change screen will be displayed so that you can change your default PIN.
- After you have signed on, you will find a list of options at the left side of your screen.
Choose from the following options:
- Home allows you to return to the main page. This page displays your student ID number, library number, and current address, phone number, and email address we have on file for you.
- Reapply allows you to submit an application for readmission if you have either not been an active student for one year or more or you were a previous non-credit student. Click “Begin My Re-application” to proceed or choose another option from the choices on the left side of the page. Once you complete this reapplication, please allow one full business day for processing.
- Register allows you to register for classes only if you are a returning student in good academic standing. New or first-term transfer students must schedule an appointment with your academic advisor before registering. When the advising process is complete, your advisor will clear your registration holds so that you can register either on campus or through WISE that day.
- Drop course allows you to drop a class from a confirmed schedule. If you are planning to add additional classes to your schedule, please drop the course(s) you do not wish to take and then register for additional classes using the register button.
- Change PIN permits you to change your PIN number again.
- Schedule/Grades shows your schedule for a specific term along with the grade(s), if classes have ended for the semester. If you have confirmed your courses for a term, select this option to view your schedule before you Add or Drop a course.
- Pay fees allows you to pay for fees with a major credit card (Discover, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) over the Internet even if you have not registered via the Internet. All fees must be paid by the deadline for the term or you will be dropped automatically from your classes. If you are a financial aid recipient, your funds may be automatically applied to your registration fees. If you have any questions regarding your financial aid award, please contact the Financial Aid office.
- Fee details explains in detail the fees that were assessed for any term you select and how they were paid or if you still have a balance due.
- Restrictions/Obligations allows you to view restrictions that may prevent registration from occurring. This will also display any financial obligations owed to the college.
- Financial aid awards displays financial aid that has been awarded to the student. If you have questions regarding your financial aid award, please contact the Financial Aid office.
- Degree audit shows the courses you have completed in your major and those that you still need to meet your degree/certificate requirements. If you have transferred in courses from another school or have taken courses that may substitute for a program course, talk with an advisor about a course substitution. Before registration you may obtain a degree audit.
- Transcripts displays your transcript options. You may view your current unofficial transcript information and in addition, you may order an official transcript in hard copy or electronic form.
- User Profile displays your current address and telephone information currently on file in PHCC’s computer system. Please keep this information current. It is vital that this information is correct so that PHCC can contact you.
- Tax Information displays your 1098T and important information regarding the Hope and Lifetime Learning tax credits.
- Student Agreements allows you to view, or in some cases, make changes to any notifications that require your attention. This is also the place to change your notification options for QuistaAlert messages.
- Sign off ends your WISE session. For security, ensure that you sign off or close your browser window before leaving your computer.
If the Register option is available to you, then select the appropriate term and complete the following steps:
- Select the courses and sections that you want to register for. Sections that are filled or canceled will not be displayed on the screen.
- If you know the section number, you can enter it and click on "Add Now."
- You may also select a course from the drop down and use the "Find Sections" button if browsing by course number. Select your section, then click "Add course to my trial schedule."
- Students encountering "Holds" in the registration process will be directed through specific messages on WISE regarding the steps to be followed to address the "Hold" status.
- If you want to remove a course from your trial schedule, highlight the course and click "Remove Course."
- After you build your Trial Schedule, select the Confirm button to lock in this schedule or select the Exit Schedule Builder button to keep the trial schedule. Only a confirmed schedule reserves a seat for you in the courses you have selected.
- After confirming your schedule, it will be displayed along with any fees that are due. Be certain to notice if you owe any fees!
- Print a copy of this schedule for future reference.
- To "Add a Course" to a confirmed schedule, repeat the registration steps above. When you confirm your new course, your entire new schedule will appear. Print a copy of your new schedule.
- To "Drop a Course" and then "Add a Course" to a confirmed schedule, drop the course(s) first, then "Add a Course" by repeating the registration steps above.